Sunday, February 26, 2012

I HAVE THE WONDERFUL KERRIANNE COOMBS IN THE HOUSE TODAY!!!

I'm pleased to have Kerrianne Coombs in my crib to talk about her latest release, Running Home, from Secret Cravings Publishing.  Let's get a few questions out of the way first and get down to the fun stuff after.

CYN: What is your favorite part of being a romance writer?

KERRIANNE: That thrill you get when an idea comes together. I just love the whole magic involved with telling a compelling story. I get so wrapped up and involved with each book, I really do feel like I have experienced the emotions too. I just love writing, and for me, romance and love is what makes the world go round.
    CYN: I feel the same Kerrianne. After finishing a story, I have to take at least a week's break before picking up on another WIP. What’s your typical writing day like?

    KERRIANNE:  Get up, get kids ready for school, drop them off at school, come home turn on the coffee machine –tidy the kitchen while I wait (Boooo!) And then I disappear to my office and write for a couple of hours. After that, I have to get on with mundane stuff like food shopping and collecting the kids again and making sure everyone is where they need to be. But the whole time, I am planning my next scene. My brain doesn’t stop. I would write all day if I could.

    CYN:  *Laughing* I understand. Can't never shut my brain off. Tell us about your newest release.

    KERRIANNE: Running Home is a sweet little romance about an ex-military man who is now leading a pretty lonely life, and a woman who is on the run from an abusive husband. The story is about finding love at the most unexpected time.

    CYN:  Gotta love a military man. I'm born, raised and married to the military. Do you have anything in the works?

    KERRIANNE:  I have another romance coming out in April called The One That Got Away with SCP. And that is another sweet romance about a couple who were split up ten years ago by life and circumstance, and find each other again. Then, I have just signed a contract for my series of Demon Fairy Tale Romances, which will be released over the year, the first one—Beauty and the Beast-The Demon Tale--in May. I am so excited about everything coming up this year, I can hardly believe it. I am so happy.

    CYN: That sounds so exciting. Best success with all of them. Where can we find you?

    KERRIANNE:  I am on Fabcebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kerrianne-Coombes/148877721876528  I am literally always on twitter Kerrianne_xx And I have a blog where I post regular—but mostly random stuff. http://kerriannecoombes.wordpress.com/

    CYN: Thanks Kerrianne. Now for the dreaded personal questions.What would you consider a romantic date?

    KERRIANNE: Anything that doesn’t include hanging out with friends. You can find romance in most situations as long as you are together and doing what you both enjoy, then romance should come easy. I am not a hearts and flowers type of girl. I like a good conversation, nice wine and kind words. Then, I am easy! LOL

    CYN:  Ah a real romantic at heart. What is the best pick-up line someone has ever tried on you? Did it work?

    KERRIANNE: OMG! I hate pick-up lines! They literally make my skin crawl. If one has ever been used on me, I have blocked it from my memory. My brother—before he met his partner—used to use them. I just used to die for him, but he never got embarrassed. I think it was part of his funny man, pick up routine… *Cringe*

    CYN: LOL, I guess it finally worked for him. What is your favorite season?

    KERRIANNE: Summer!!!! The bright sun, the heat, sitting in the garden with a glass of wine, and a good friend, talking about nothing and everything, all evening long. Ahh, summer, I miss you.

    CYN: Me too! That's why we retired to Florida!! If you could have any car, which would it be?

    KERRIANNE: Uh, I would want to be a sleek Maserati, but I fear I am more a plump, round Volkswagen Beetle.

    CYN: Who is your favorite actor?

    KERRIANNE:  Ok. I love to watch anything with Loenardo Dicaprio in, but I wonder if that is because of his acting skills or *Cough* something else entirely. But if he brings a film out, I make sure I watch it.

    CYN: Yep, Leo does have a way about him. :)
    Silk, satin, cotton, flannel. What is your sheet of choice and why?

    KERRIANNE:Cotton! I like comfort. Silk= too slippy. Satin= Tacky! And flannel= NO!

    CYN:  Nothing like the soft feel of cotton! When playing truth or dare, would you pick truth or dare?

    KERRIANNE: Dare every time!


    Okay, that was fun! I want to thank you for honoring me by stopping by today and sharing insight into your writing and newest release. Everyone, please give Kerrianne a bit of love and leave a comment. I'm sure she'd appreciate it.




    BLURB:


    Tom Cane, Ex-military man and self professed recluse turned farmer, wants
    nothing more from life but the chance to wallow in his own pity.  The
    shrapnel lodged permanently in his leg a daily reminder of his failings
    during his last tour of duty.  On a cold, rainy, British evening fate
    delivers a new reason to live in the form of Joanne Sloane, the daughter of
    a socialite and abused wife of an up and coming businessman.  Desperate and in fear of her life, she flees her home and stumbles onto Tom's land.
    Together their passions ignite and the need to rescue one another entangles
    them in a bitter fight for their lives. 
     
    EXCERPT:
    “Tell me what he did to you, Jo.” Tom raised his hand and ran the backs of his fingers across her soft cheek. A blue bruise that he hadn’t seen before her shower glared at him from the perfection of her face. The cut in her lip still looked angry even though it was no longer bloody. He could see what the bastard had done to her physically, but there was something more that terrified her.
    She shook her head against his question, even as she leaned into his touch. Her dark chocolate eyes pleaded silently with him. It hurt Tom to see her fear, her desperate longing for something that he was finding hard to resist.
    “I can help you. I want to help you.” He leaned closer and flattened his palm to her cheek. The soft caress of her hair tickled at the back of his hand and Tom felt his cock stiffen. She sat perfectly still as he slid closer, closing the distance between their bodies, until their thighs touched. With one hand still on her face, his other caught the heavy tears that tracked down her cheek.
    Her pain was obvious and hard to watch. Her hands twisted in her lap, even as she stared up into his eyes. He sensed a longing, a need, in her stare that he desperately wanted to fill. If only she could trust him with the details of what had brought her into his life.
        “Let me help you, Jo.”

     
    Author of 'Running Home' and 'The One That Got Away' With Secret Cravings Publishing.
    Coming in 2012
     
     
     

    1 comment:

    Have something romantic to say? Speak your mind here. On moderation, so don't fret if you don't see your comment right away.