Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday Snippets - June 3rd

My first Sunday to join the Sunday Snippets through Red Lipstick Diaries! Hope you enjoy this little passage from my June release with Secret Cravings Publishing, Echoes in Eternity. The scene is between one of the two heroes and the heroine as she first realizes her attraction to the elder brother. She's already enamored with the younger one and things are starting to get complicated.



“Did I miss anything exciting?” she asked, glancing across the table at Jake. She gave him a wink and quickly turned her glance to the Professor looking for a response to her question.
Ronan answered. “No, not really. I told everyone I wouldn’t be joining you on this leg of the journey. I have business in London to attend. I might be able to join the project in a couple of weeks, but I’m not sure as of yet. I’ll have to see what happens in London.”
“What a pity,” she said, “I hoped to continue our talk from last night on our flight down to Abydos. Maybe another time.” Without thinking, she reached across the table and put her hand on his. The gesture didn’t go unnoticed by Jake as she caught his glare out of the corner of her eye.
“Yes, perhaps another time,” Ronan said, smiling. “Unfortunately, my car is here and I need to leave.” He stood and reached across the table and shook the Professor’s hand.
“Pleasure meeting you again, Professor Petersen, good luck on the dig. Brother, I’ll be in contact, and Miss McKenna,” he looked deep into her eyes and she into his. “Would you join me outside for a moment?”
“Okay. Sure,” she said, confused as to why he wanted to see her alone.
After she excused herself to the others, she walked out with Ronan. As she reached the exit door, she glanced back over her shoulder to the table where the other two men remained. She witnessed the puzzled and angered expression on Jake’s face and thought leaving with Ronan may have been a mistake.
When she and Ronan reached the elevators, he spoke first. “I wanted to see you alone to discuss my actions last night and apologize for my inexcusable attitude at the end of our evening. I made the assumption you wanted me as much as I did you, and I obviously made a mistake. If I left without telling you I’m sorry I offended you, I’d kick myself all the way home.”
Layla was struck by how sweet he acted. Ronan apologized for wanting to make love to her! What a gentleman. She wanted him too and no apologies were needed. She stood there before this beautiful man and didn’t know what to say. All she thought of was to reach up with her hands, grab his face and kiss him. She did, pressing hard with her lips. He circled her waist and held her tightly, reciprocating the kiss that curled her toes and warmed her insides.
Unaware anyone watched them, she clung tight not wanting the passionate embrace to end.
Layla pushed back, trying to gain her compusure. “I’m sorry too. I can’t believe I just kissed you,” she said with amazement as she slapped a hand over her mouth.
He raised his palm to hers and smiled. “Don’t worry. I guess this means you accept my apology. Get on back to my brother and the Professor. You have to leave for your flight soon. I will see you again, soon. I promise.” He turned and pushed for the elevator queue, and then returned attention back. “I will certainly long for you while away, Miss McKenna.”
Watching him step into the elevator made her heart skip a beat. Would she really see him again? Before the doors closed, their eyes locked and the corners of his mouth curled upward. The alluring dimple made another appearance. She smiled back as her knees almost turned to jelly.  
What the hell just happened? He will long for me? I had incredible sex with one brother an hour ago and kissed the other brother goodbye. Layla, are you freakin’ out of your mind? It must be that crazy dream about my mystery lover. He’s got me sex crazed. I’m chasing anything in a pair of tight jeans and a T-shirt. I need to get back to work and fast!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I smell fun ahead! Great snippet, Cynthia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eden. I'm looking forward to this release soon!

    ReplyDelete

Have something romantic to say? Speak your mind here. On moderation, so don't fret if you don't see your comment right away.